St. Ann - St. Joseph Pastoral Council Minutes
St. Ann – St. Joseph Church
Pastoral Council Meeting Minutes
October 15, 2016
Father Moser opened with a prayer
Pat Cota called the meeting to order at 5:10 pm
Present: Pat Cota, Charlie Berns Jr., Julie Fossum, Mike Quillin, Father Moser, Donna Saddler (ex officio), and Peggy Berns (secretary & treasurer)
Not Present: Tom Diggins and Steve Manning
Guests: Diane Quillin
Minutes for the previous meeting reviewed. Motion to accept minutes with change made by Julie, second by Charlie, motion passed
- Building & Grounds Pat Cota/Tom Diggins
- Gentleman from Decorah will give estimate to repair ash trees on the east side of the church. One tree will need to be removed. Treatment is a three year process.
- Step railings should be complete by Monday.
- Pat will paint step edges.
- Faith Formation Commission Father Moser/Sheila Diggins
- Year started with mass with Msgr Cletus and Father Donald.
- Blessing of Pets on October 1st with Msgr Cletus.
- Finance Steve Manning/Peggy Berns
- September income and expenses reviewed. Motion by Mike seconded by Julie to accept financial report; motion passed.
- Upcoming expenses: Step repair and Taxa
- Liturgy Pat Cota
- Outdoor mass August 31st had good attendance.
- Suggestion to move location or have priest toward the back of the church due to the sun.
- Parish Life Julie Fossum
- Advanced directive meeting September 14th went well and had good speakers.
- Social Justice Tom Diggins
- Winter closing drive planned.
- Stewardship Charlie Berns
- Packets handed out to council.
- Sister Lynn with pizza party for participants on October 26th. Extended invite to council members to join and/or help serve.
- Pastoral Father Moser
- Thank you for prayers while on vacation.
- Upcoming memorial mass for Father Schmidt.
- Attended workshop on finances.
- Thank you for parishioner help at St. Pius’ Fall Festival.
- Winter mass schedule has been set.
- Rosary Society Donna Saddler
- 3rd quarter report reviewed along with rummage/bake sale report.
- Oven in kitchen not working properly.
- Kitchen sink faucet is beyond repair.
- No report
- Snow Removal; Dave Williams will do this.
- Signs for bathroom location. Location to be clearly marked; suggestion to have sign at both church entrances.
Saturday, January 14, 2017 after 4pm mass
Agenda – Hall Flooring
Motion to adjourn meeting by Julie, seconded by Charlie. Father closed with a prayer at 5:50 p.m.
Peggy Berns, Secretary